Interested in Working with Dogs and Cats?
Compassionate, dedicated volunteers are the life force of SAS, being a volunteer has many benefits for both you and the animal. Volunteering is a great way to give back to the community and our animals. There are a number of ways you can use your skills and talents in all areas of our shelter.
Thank you so much for your interest to volunteer at the Safe Animal Shelter!
Click the Tabs Below to Learn About Our Volunteering Programs
Like most shelters, the success of Safe Animal Shelter would be impossible without the volunteers that support our animals as well as our staff.
- You don’t need special skills, just a few hours on a regular basis and a passion for the welfare for dogs and cats in Clay County.
- There are many volunteer opportunities, you can choose to participate, you can focus on one activity or several.
- There is something to do for almost everyone!
- Commit to a minimum of 6 hour per month for at least 6 months.
- You must be 16 years old and over.
- You must be 18 or over to handle the dogs.
- Attend our mandatory orientation prior to volunteering.
- During volunteering time, you are a representative of the shelter! Please wear long pants or long shorts and a SAS t-shirt. Closed toes shoes are a must.