Cars For Critters
Donate Your Vehicle To Help Our Homeless Pets
Do you have a car, truck, boat, trailer, motorhome or RV that you no longer want? Or are you buying a new vehicle and need to find a “good home” for your old one? Please consider donating your vehicle to the Safe Animal Shelter. LOTS of homeless pets will be glad you did!
It’s as easy as 1-2-3 to turn your car, motorcycle, boat or recreational vehicle into a donation for the animals!
- To get the ball rolling, contact our vehicle donation partner, Charitable Auto Resources (CARS), by phone at 855-500-RIDE or make arrangements online.
- Through our close partnership with CARS, a local organization, we will arrange free towing of your vehicle, process all of the necessary paperwork with the DMV, and sell your vehicle at auction.
- Proceeds from your sold vehicle support the Safe Animal Shelter’s programs and services, and your donation is tax-deductible as permitted by law.
- DONATE YOUR VEHICLE NOW
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the benefits of donating my car to the Safe Animal Shelter?
The Safe Animal Shelter benefits by receiving a cash donation to help care for the thousands of homeless pets they receive each year. What You benefit is being able to reduce your taxable income when taxes are itemized. Plus you avoid the costs associated with selling your car! No need to pay for advertising, no loss of privacy and possible security risk, and no need to pay for vehicle registration, insurance, and repairs to keep your car in running condition while you wait for a buyer.
- Does my car have to be running to donate it?
In some cases we can take your car, running or not. However, it must have an engine and be tow-able. Please call toll free to 855-500-RIDE or contact us online to find out if your vehicle qualifies for pick-up.
- What other types of vehicles can be donated?
Many types of motor vehicles are accepted including boats, motorcycles, trucks, and cars. If you are uncertain as to whether or not your vehicle is eligible, please call toll free: 855-500-RIDE or contact us online.
- How long will it take to pick up my vehicle?
We make donating your car as simple and convenient as possible. A tow company will contact you within two to three business days.
- What paperwork do I need?
All you need is a signed, clear title. Please have the title with you when you call-in your donation. [Please note: a clear title indicates the title is in the name of the donor without a lien].
- How is the value determined on the vehicle donated?
The value is determined by the gross proceeds raised from the sale of the donated vehicle.Find out more >>>